VHDL AND PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC DEVICES
DESIGN SIMULATION USING MODELSIM II
This objective of this lab is to use ModelSim to create and simulate a 6-bit full
In this lab you have to design and create a 6-bit full subtractor by using 6 full
subtractors as the component. Your design should have two 6-bit inputs (A, B), a borrowin input (Bin), a 6-bit subtract output (C) and a borrow-out output (Bout) as shown in
Figure 1 Block diagram of the system
1. Create a new project in ModelSim. Then, develop and simulate your design in
the program. Finally, display your results in the wave window of the program at least 3
2. Add or change time delay of your full subtractor. Show the simulation, describe
the difference from the pervious simulations and explain the reason.
3. Draw a completed block diagram of your design showing both internal and
1. No demonstration is required
2. Pre- Lab: No Pre-Lab is required.
b. Lab work:
– Briefly describe your design
– Print and comment the results including your codes
– Draw block diagram
c. Conclusion: What went wrong? Why? , And how did you solve it?
This lab has 15 points (12 lab work, and 3 organized and neat report format).
LAB#2 DESIGN SIMULATION USING MODELSIM II